Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Garden Of Life



In the midst of looking for another project that I wanted to stitch, I came across this. Blackbird Designs Garden of Life. Using the Gentle Arts and WDW threads it calls for, but not the linen. I am using 40ct '???' Lakeside linen. I will have to look it up as to the specific color. But it is gorgeous. These pictures never really show the color, but gosh, I am loving it. I hope to get more stitched tonight, at least the house. I have mentioned before that I love stitching bricks, especially with overdyes. It is so realistic looking.

I am still on the lookout for the next BAP. I am getting closer to the project, although I have been sidetracked with a fabulous project from the new SANQ magazine that has just come out. It is the 1859 Anna Thies Sampler (pg. 5). Lynn has worked her magic (she is simply amazing) in the conversion from DMC to silk, and we have chosen 45ct Linen. GORGEOUS. I have to get a few of the colors, but this sampler might sneak in before the next.........

I have been converted to the best needles yet. BOHIN from France in size 28. Wow, I never knew there was such a difference in needles, let alone the same size. I compared 3 different brands of size 28 needles, and thought these would be the ones to try. I am SOLD. The whole reason this topic came up, is that some of the gals saw the 'crobars' that I have been stitching with, even calling them 'logs', (LOL); giving me a hard time, I knew there had to be something better!!!! So BOHIN it is. Love them. You have to try them!!

9 comments:

  1. I love BBDs... they're the perfect thing to do between big projects, I think. I can't wait to hear what you decide to do for your next BAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really sweet BBD. I stitched that house on a RR and loved doing the bricks. I'll have to take a look at that sampler, I haven't flipped through my SANQ yet. Thanks for the tip on the needles, I'll have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute start! I'll look forward to seeing more of it.

    I use Piecemakers needles in a size 28 and love them also. I've the Bohin are very good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell that I'm going to love this piece as you progress on it. And I'm a lover of the Bohin needles too. Makes me wonder why I used the others for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had to make another post here because I have been so out of it for the past week or so. And I see that you finished your HRH piece. A huge congratulations! It looks wonderful and you must be absolutely thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your BBD is looking lovely. Looking forwarde to seeing it finished.
    Isn't that sampler in the new SANQ beautiful. I have only flipped through it but there are some lovely things in it.
    Thank you for the lovely thoughts on Betsy. She is really a stunning sampler and I am enjoying working on her. She is much easier to do than she actually looks. After I finish this Betsy, it's the other. I think I am collecting Rhode Island samplers lol. - Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love BBD - I haven't seen this pattern and can't wait to see your progress.

    I have seen the new magazine and I just love the design and like your idea of converting to silk. Will you share your conversion with us?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice WIP! I love Anna Thies too. It's definitely on my todo list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny--I love stitching bricks also. All kinds of bricks. I saw the Anna Thies and thought it would be a really nice project, along with the cover sampler. Where do you get the Bohin needles?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I enjoy reading your comments :)