Thursday, June 6, 2013

American Quaker Band Sampler

Is finished!  Final queen stitches placed on the bottom row last night and I love it!  Super easy little piece and I feel great about another finish out of the pile-o-stash :)
Adjusting the specific color placement on the bottom was fun-- using the same AVS colors as chosen since the beginning but the arrangement was changed.  Easy when you are only using 3 colors!
Ever since my friend had taught me the queen stitch, I no longer fear it.  It had been since December of last year that I had done them, so at first it was a little rough, but before long, I was sailing along.  The turquoise queen stitch row was supposed to be the pale peach, but I thought pulling down some of the blue was needed.  Isnt it a great shade?
So my weekender turned into a week long project, but what do I expect when you have to go to work??!!!  (Work is good--) Start to finish May 30th-June 5th.  I will take it. 
Thanks for stopping by-- I have a bit of stash diving to do today!! 

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the finish - it's just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Love this one and have it in the "to do" pile also. Great colors and fun to stitch. Thanks for sharing the lost fear in Queen Stitches which gives us hope. :)

    pj

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was fast!! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely lovely. I think the blue down at the bottom was a great idea. And my gosh, you're quick!! Can't wait to see what your stash diving produces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohhhh....love how it turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on a great finish! That was a quick one! I love this design and hope to get back to mine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful! A lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty sampler. I do love anything Quaker. I wish I had a friend to show me how to do the queen stitch! I'm still one who fears them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...that's amazing!!! You're done.
    It's beautiful. I've done a few Queen stitches and they were okay but that was a while ago.
    What's next?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sampler and the queen stitches look great! L.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I enjoy reading your comments :)