Monday, October 22, 2012

Clara Thorn and Progress

Hello everyone :)  What a great Monday it is!!  So many exciting things going on today.
First I wanted to share with you my finish of Clara Thorn by Pineberry Lane. 
 
 Stitched on 40ct Purely Primitive Linen (by ????) and a silk conversion.  I am crazy about the eagle and and looking forward to stitching some more patriotic pieces very soon.  I did get a few new ones including Clara this summer.  Easy little stitch to add to the old framing pile!
I have made some great progress on my Dutch Beauty-- and I am very eager to get it done already.  I know, I keep saying that and I start something new.  However, I am ever so tired of the pile of silk that has moved from the back of the couch to a heap it seams on the project bag.  With Clara out of the way, it is number one on the list.  I cant promise though :)
I am loving the pinks chosen for the flowers- especially the tulip.  Using over-dyed silks really makes it look 3 dimensional.  I want to concentrate on these WIPs I have going and make this pile of stash a bit smaller.  I need a detox!!!!  LOL.

Thanks for all the super comments on my last quilt-- and the suggestions for clear thread.  I have this top folded up in the pile to be quilted-- similar to the framing pile :)  and someday will get them finished.  I like the variety of quilting verses stitching-- I like them both equally.  They both give you great sense of accomplishment when finished, and keep your hands and mind busy.   Although I feel like stitching takes less brain?  LOL, I dont know, I can watch tv easy and just listen while stitching, however while quilting I feel like I have to focus more, perhaps so I dont run my finger over??!!!  LOL.

Non the less.  Back to it!!!

12 comments:

  1. Oooooh, love your Clara Thorn! Another one on my todo list. Your Dutch Beauty is looking fantastic too! I agree -- the pinks are lovely in this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dutch Beauty will be worth all the work when it hangs in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clara Thorn is a great piece. And it's always nice to have some smaller pieces to work around the larger pieces. I obsess over your Dutch Beauty. I think that the pinks are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clara Thorn? How did I miss that? Very different and I too love that eagle. Dutch Beauty - what can I say? It's THE beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your project is fantastic. I´m looking forward to see more.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  6. That eagle on Clara Thorn is amazing!! What a lovely finish.
    Dutch Beauty is beautiful. You are making great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitching is so lovely! 40count? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Clara Thorn, you are such a turbo stitcer. We are all leaving a wonderful legacy for the family that comes behind us. Glad to see a post! MaryD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I am just LOVING your progress!! Gorgeous projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Dutch Beauty so far! I have this one in my stash.
    Looking forward to SALing with you on SDW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful is the Dutch Beauty? It is lovely to see it one such fine linen and beautiful silks. It was my first BIG project but I did it with the linen and threads that came in the kit, as I didn't know any better at the time! Glad to have you on board with SDW xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Clara! Another one that I have started somewhere! I just need more stitching time!!
    Dutch Beauty will be stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I enjoy reading your comments :)