Thursday, February 21, 2013

Flowers of Lebanon

I was darn close to finishing the Flowers of Lebanon by Goode Huswife (oop) piece 2 nights ago, but didnt have the black NPI that I needed to fill in a few spots.  I knew I had some somewhere, but having been moving WIPs around here and there, couldnt for the life of me find it.  So, I had my LNS send me a hank of black.  Why a hank?  Well you can never have enough black and well, it doesnt go bad, just gets misplaced.  Not being able to finish Flowers, last night I decided to work on SDW and low and behold, I found the black NPI I was looking for!  HELLO!!!!!!!  LOL.  I was super excited and finished it right up.
 
I love the bright colors in this one, and was thinking of what others have been stitched on black, and what others would look great stitched on black.  Any thoughts?  I am thinking of a few this size and square shape to hang on the wall together, framed the same.  Kind of fun right? 
It was fun to stitch this one on the called for 32ct linen along with the called for NPI colors.  It was brainless I tell you!!! Brainless.   Sometimes you need that right?!  SDW is on schedule for tonight.  Not seeing it for the last few weeks, pulling it out last night reminds me of why I love it.  Maybe I will tackle the blackwork on the top.  I love the look of it, however sooo time consuming.  But, when its done, it will be done.  I always leave that sort of thing like the over one on samplers till the end and it is not fun for me to leave and 'look forward' to.  LOL  We shall see what the weekend brings.
Have a wonderful day everyone:)  Thanks again for stopping by to visit!!

16 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I love the bright colors for sure! Glad you found your black NPI. Always good to have a lot of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new finish, it really POPS on that dark linen! Maybe some of the new Kathy Barrick or Plum Street Samplers would also look great on the dark fabric? Great to see you are planning on SDW, the blackwork border is so pretty but I am thinking of changing it for cross stitch to maybe personalize. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! How about Book #41 Still Life from Prairie Schooler or Goode Huswife's I Thee Wed? I have a difficult time on dark fabrics but they are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is stunning! I have never gotten the courage to work on dark fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flowers is scrumptious and the background and colours are very "William Morris". I am sooooo pleased that you have chosen SDW to work on Shannon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun piece. I love it.
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors...makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stitches! The brights on the black are so vibrant and alive! I tried stitching on black and just could not get the hang of it. Enjoying stitching the SDW ever so much though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow a stunning piece! Looks hard to stitch on a black linen, but should give it a try now I have seen this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Flowers of Lebanon. Great to have lots of black, and also 991bb (white). Here's a link to some nice black background Carriage House--feast for the eyes. http://www.carriagehousesamplings.com/favorites02.htm

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks wonderful. I love how the colors pop on the dark fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty! I just love the pattern. So sad that they are out of print now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful ~ the colors just pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so fantastic. The beautiful black silk framing the flower centers really make them pop!
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like these colours. Although I am personally a bit chicken to stitch on dark fabric anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I enjoy reading your comments :)