Monday, September 30, 2013

Weep Not

I could hardly wait to get the iron out this morning to share with all of you one of my latest favorite finishes.  Although finished this past Friday, things took up my time that took priority then posting to the blog.  So, here is Weep Not from Notforgotten Farm
 
I couldnt be more pleased with this little finish!!!  Changing the DMC to Weeks Dye Works and Gentle Arts and using 40ct Vintage Cedar Plank from Lakeside, this gem is a winner!
WOW!!!!  I LOVE this!!!  Isn't it fabulous????
I changed the way the eyes were done on the poor lost sister and changed up the dress colors a bit.  Using the over-dyed threads really makes it pop--if it can for this subject.  As you can see there is some 'flow' to the lost sister's dress, to me its more of a draped feel.  I changed the hair color and well, just about changed everything!  LOL.  I used the colors as a guide and really went all out with the adjustments.  So, no, there can be no conversion list to give simply because I couldn't duplicate it myself :)
I found these awesome antique bobbins at an antique store this summer and thought they were the perfect addition to all things black that I collect :)  I love going to those kind of shops however the sewing supplies are usually very limited.  When you do find them, it is always fun to look.
Almost October already.  The weather for most of you has started to change, getting cooler, and the leaves are changing.  I love the change in the leaves, the vibrant reds, golds and oranges are just amazing.  Fall is a great time of year!! 
Its also a great stitching time :)  Heck, isn't anytime great for stitching??!!!  Lol.

12 comments:

  1. Weep not turned out nicely. I like the pop of color from the gold. I also LOVE fall. sitting down to have a cup of tea in the morning while the air is so clean and crisp is almost heaven for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. However funky it is as a design, it IS very pretty. Love your individualized colors. What's next under the needle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful work and thread conversion my stitching friend ~
    glad you enjoyed it :)
    L

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your finish! I've been having a hard time with such themes recently, but I do love this one. Love your antique spools too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous finish ~ your colors are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful finish! Your color changes look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is beautifully done! I love your changes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also stitched this pattern is so beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I've not seen this kind of pattern before, but ~ I like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love so much this pattern♥ beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I enjoy reading your comments :)