Monday, February 18, 2013

Old Nantucket and ???

Finishing up Old Nantucket by Little House Needleworks (45ct vintage meadow rue and my silk conversion) on Valentines Night, while watching movies and eating chocolate-- yes, I had to have a piece or 2!!!! AND I did get my first ever heart shaped candy box.  Yes, I have received chocolate in the past, but this year was the first in different shape box--I'm crazy, but that everyone knew already :).  I remember Grandma would always receive a heart shaped box of chocolate from Grandpa every year for Valentines day- the biggest one I think I can remember-- when you are kid everything is big right?!  It  was great to think of that story this past Valentines.  

Old Nantucket came out great what do you think?
I wonder what the frame will look like on this one.  Fun how the creativity doesn't end with the project, the frame is a whole other decision :)
You remember I shared 2 pics of thread rings a couple posts ago?  One with black linen and the other with brighter colors, I think on vintage woodsmoke?  Well, I decided to pick the black one to start by Goode Huswife- The Flowers of Lebanon.  OOP but I found it last summer on a road trip and couldnt resist.  It reminds me of the colors from Goode Huswife- Black Forest.   I like the bright colors however I havent really stitched with them for a bit.  Why not? 
I was thrilled that the border matched up, even the most simple of borders still can be a pest.  Here is where I stopped last night. 
It is such an easy little stitch and I am having fun with the 32ct burlap linen.  LOL  No offense to anyone stitching with 32ct, I have to laugh, I received an email from a friend who said stitching on 36ct compared to 40ct was like stitching on a fishing net.  Well, you get my joke when I mostly stitch on 40-45ct.  It is nice for a change to stitch on a larger count, I do own it and why not?  We all started somewhere.  AND, I know that someday I will only be able to see 28/32ct.  Take it while I can :)  As long as you are stitching, it is all GOOD!!!! 
I also talked about a driving project back in December and it was Elizabeth J M Mears.  Well, yesterday we went on a drive and I brought Miss Mears will me and unfortunately didnt get that much done because the roads are just aweful!!!  I dont get it.  With all those tax dollars paid, where are the smooth roads???!!!!
But, some progress is WAAY better then no progress right?  One of 4 fruit baskets and started the 2nd one.   Since working on her yesterday, I might have to work on Elizabeth instead of that other gorgeous project I showed you last week, but you never know.  This above is the driving project.  I cant sit in the passenger seat and work on 45ct.  Hard enough on 40ct! 
Tonight I think I will continue on the Flowers piece, and see where the stitching path leads in the next few nights.  Maybe SDW??!!!!!!!  Yikes!  I need to get back to that great sampler asap.  Until next time my friends.  Thanks for visiting!

16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Post left by Anne--
      Well it sounds like you had a fantastic Valentines night. I got my first heart shaped box of chocolates too, but not from my hubby, from a student! I like your story of your Grandpa buying the biggest heart for your Grandma. So sweet! Love Nantucket. The colours are so fresh and smells like the sea!! Lovely start on the Goode Huswife and Elizabeth Mears is lovely!

      Delete
    2. Sorry Anne, not sure what happened. What a lovely comment-- I copied it word for word from email :)

      Delete
    3. I love the colors on the Nantucket sampler. Which kind of thread did you use?

      Delete
  2. Love how your Old Nantucket turned out! I need to pull that one out and start it. I forgot how much I liked it until I saw yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty. I know what you mean about picking out the frame. I wanted to let you know that reading your blog, helped motivate me to update the look of mine. I too love, love, love samplers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty pictures of all your projects. I especially like Old Nantucket. I hope to get started on that one real soon and was wondering if you would mind sharing your conversion!! I just love what you did with yours. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't really give you all the colors, 99% of them were Ltd. Edition silks I had in my stash. I can tell you though that the water color I used was Gloriana Arctic Ice. Since it didn't call for more then 1 skein of any color, I thought using some stash was a must for this gem :) Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Nantucket is gorgeous, I love the house, colours are fabulous!
    Oh the GH, Shame her patterns are not around anymore;)
    Chocolate boxes, show please lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nantucket looks fabulous! I can't wait to see the frame that you choose.
    Your other projects are looking great too.
    the change between 45ct and 32 does seem huge doesn't it!! LOL
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Old Nantucket! Love all your projects! lol about the 32ct! Yes, I'm a 40ct person myself. I can do 45ct, but I don't find it as comfy as 40ct. Elizabeth Mears as a driving project -- you have to work on her more! I love her! And how do you work on her in the car? lol! I can't imagine! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Old Nantucket is beautiful! I have stitched Flowers of Lebanon a few years ago and it hangs in my Mom's house. It is a gorgeous design ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nantucket looks fabulous. Thanks for the close up shots. I've got to get mine finished - just got a little distracted with queen stitches this weekend. :-) L.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heart shaped chocolate boxes are much more romantic that square ones. LOL. I could not stop at two so you have much more self control than I.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous finish!! Love your other projects as well. I do love the way a piece pops on black fabric!
    Aawww....heart shaped boxes are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I'm working on the same chart right now!!! I'm loving every stitch. Although I rain into a few problems with the recommended threads (as in they didn't match the model in the least) but ohhhh welll. Nantucket is turning out great and I love the colours you have chosen for your too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I enjoy reading your comments :)