Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Its really been that long?!

Its been a long while since my last post, but it certainly wasnt my goal to wait this long.  Life has moved on faster then I can grasp, however being busy is much better then being bored or sitting on my hands with nothing to do.  Traveling for work and some stitching on what little down time there has been.  Honestly?  I havent really felt too much like stitching :(.  I havent had time to read blogs, or really catch up on what everyone else is doing these days, not participating like I should in the SAL's I belong to, which I apologize for being MIA for soo long.  I have enjoyed a few trips and I would love to share one with you today. Getting back into the blog post routine is not easy!!!
My Husband and I decided to go to Key West last minute and what a perfect day it turned out to be.  Armed with sunscreen, sunglasses, flip-flops and my phone I was set for a great day in the sun.  While the rest of the US was freezing, it was near 90 degrees that day.

The water is sooo crystal clear and sooo warm, I just wanted to jump in--- and I did!!!!!!  Several times!!!!!  I just wanted to pull up a beach chair, grab a cocktail and relax in the warm breeze.
One of our favorite hangouts- Hogs Breath Saloon!  Nestled in and under these great big trees, it is a great place for a cold refreshing beverage (and a tasty snack) :)
 Childrens museum



 Some of the most interesting trees-- may I also tell you that they were enormous too!!!  I have a picture of myself in between the roots on the bottom pic, and let me tell you, I am a tall gal, and this tree made me look itty bitty :)
 From this point, 90 miles to Cuba.  Cant get any closer unless you went into the water!!
 Mojito--much needed cold beverage on a super hot day!!!!  So nice to sit and relax!!  One of my favorites for sure :)
 Margarita while watching the ships pass on the water at Mallory Square.  Each and every night, there are hundreds if not thousands of people watching the sunsets.  Everyone knows when the sun sets each day and most make sure NOT to miss it.  The boats are great fun to watch, you never know what you will see :)  I tell you, this is one lifestyle I could get used to very easily!!!



 Even this crazy guy, with a viking hat and sheild rowing right in front of us!!
So on the stitching front, I purchased several of the Stacy Nash's great new designs from Nashville including the Ltd. Edition Springs Flowers Pinkeep kit as you see in the picture below. 
 Super cute and super easy, but leave it to me to to make adjustments!  I don't care for 1 thread over 2 on 32ct linen so I chose to use 2 threads over 2.  But, since this is a kit, and comes only with what it does, I run the risk of running out of thread.  Well, yes, I did and jumped into the stash and chose close enough colors.  I also thought it needed some trim, so off to Joann Fabrics, where I might say, the color selection for any trims is just aweful.  There used to be so many options and now, like 5.  So, I chose a dark brown (not hot pink, barbie pink, purple, white or black) ric-rac last night with a 50% off coupon to boot, and finished it off today with crushed walnut shells.  Ta-da!!!!! 
A simple, easy project--  perfect for my needs these days!!!!  I have much more to share with you, but I think I have put enough pics in this post for 1 day.  Until next time ladies and gentleman!!!!!  Have a great day :)

7 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of Key West, I hope to visit someday... I just love the Stacy Nash. I know what you mean about the trims at Joann's, they don't have much to choose from. I get must of mine from Hobby Lobby. The kit turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip pics were wonderful, glad you had a fun and relaxing time! super cute finish, lickity split. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful time in Key West. Thanks for taking me along. I love your Stacy Nash finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great day away!!! Love your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures of your trip! Love your finish too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pictures!! And I love how you finished the Stacy Nash piece!! It looks great!
    Jeannine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like your trip was revitalizing and so glad to have you back in the blogosphere! Your finish is so cute! Sometimes we just need a quick finish to get us back in the saddle! Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I enjoy reading your comments :)