Wednesday, June 22, 2011

One Blue Bird

Excellent news......another WIP is done :)  Well, it was done 2 days ago and my brain was literally all over the place yesterday.
Along with the variety of silk in brown tones, yes, there is One Blue Bird.  I used Ltd. Edition Gloriana for the special bird, along with Belle Soie and Florimell on 40ct Vintage Pearled Barley Lakeside.   Nice and easy, and another one checked off of the January Crazy Challenge!!!!

You know from alot of my past posts, that we like a good old fashion baked item.  Well, whether we bake it or if we buy it, we always like it.  So, as promised, I wanted to share this cake I baked on Saturday morning for the picnic we had. 


This is the pan from William Sonoma that is in the shape of an 'oreo' cookie, however, I switched it up a bit and made it a vanilla creme cookie cake.  WOW!!!!!!!!!!!  Was it good.  It was gone in no time.  It is pretty big the cookie cake, about 12 inches so we all could have a taste or 2 :)  I love baking, and to make cakes and things in different shapes is always great fun.

So digging back into the challenge bin, I came up with a few others that I want to work on, and again, these WIPs might be sidetracked by new starts (i.e. Dorothy Walpole) until then.....this is what I had in my hands last night:


Isabella Johnstone from SANQ Summer 2010 using 45ct vintage lentil (I think), along with the called for Belle Soie silks.  Laying next to one of my gorgeous new project bags (I will have to take some more pics of those later).  Interesting enough the finished size of my Isabella is going to just be a smidge larger in length/width then One Blue Bird on 40ct.  I cant get enough of this 45ct, it all just looks so cute in this size!  If you have never tried it, it is worth it.  I know a friend of mine has started her first piece on 45ct (the new one in the SANQ Summer 2011 ?? magazine with all the great color-- I forget the name right now) she is doing a FANTASTIC job on it, and actually admits to liking it alot!!!!  Not as bad as she thought that is for sure.  I cant wait to see her progress on it.  It doesnt take long to get adjusted to it. 

Summer is here and the heat is on.  No complaints-- just crack open a nice refreshing beverage and pick up your stitching.  What could be better??!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Ohhh, nice finish! Love the new start too! And that cookie cake -- I want some! I'll have to check out WS for that pan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grats on the finish and the new start! Sounds like you're doing well on the challenge! Good job! And the cookie cake looks fab. I may have to bake something soon. (I have a sweet tooth, but I try not to back anything because if I do bake it, I will eat it all!!) Hope you're having a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooo lovely finish and start and WOW what a cake any chance of a piece ???? looking forward to seeing some more of your work :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finish! I always love seeing what you' re working or finished. I wish I could get myself to try something like 45 ct., but I have a hard time with 40 ct. May have to pull out Dorothy W too - she's a beautiful sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What can I say but "yummy" to both the cookie cake AND the One Blue Bird. Yay for knocking out one of your crazy challenge pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful finish. Congrats.
    Isabella looks great too. Love that border.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your finish - the birds are sweet! Oh my - that cake looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blue Bird is just too sweet. The cookie cake -can never be too sweet! I'm making our family's favorite chocolate chip chiffon cake for myself this weekend. As for 45 count fabric, I admire the stitchers that can work with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful finish! I just love the row of little birds at the bottom, they are looking so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful finish and start. I'm stitching D Cockin but in 30 ct and that is as high as my eyes allow me , even with magnifying lamp! I wish could go higher.
    Your cake looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I enjoy reading your comments :)