Friday, March 18, 2011

The Aztec Cometh

Last night was a very exciting night for me.   I finished up the satin stitch on Maria, and I am very pleased with the results.


After 4 or 5 attempts and 4 other varieties of explanations and graphs, I finally figured out the aztec stitch.  Now mind you, I am sure that the written instructions in the pattern are just fine, but being a visual person, things do not make the most sense to me when reading a description of go up here and down here and wrap around here.  So, with a combination of a few great graphs, I finally did it.


It is not a hard stitch, rather one you must concentrate on each step you make.  I tried watching a movie while doing it, and finally had to focus on the task at hand.  I know this block will be slow and steady, but I definitely see the end is drawing near.  Hopefully this weekend I will be able to get another color or 2 in.


So, here is Maria so far, in all her beautiful glory.  I know at first I was skeptical with her, but she has proven herself to be worthy of all the time and frogging and stress!!! 

Have a great weekend everyone :)

11 comments:

  1. absolument merveilleux !
    amitiés de France
    marylin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful progress! You'll be done in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous! I do love this Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's coming along beautifully. I love samplers with a variety of stitches, so I think that I'm going to have to add this to my collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Maria is coming along so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. really lovely :) and glad you figured the aztec stitch out . googled it and went mmmmm ..lol love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. It is a really lovely sampeler.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful. I am watching your progress with much anticipation! Also trying to find this chart! You are truly talented.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on getting the satin stitching done. i had a hard time with it this weekend as i couldn't keep my eyes open. so i worked on the over three and still ended up making an error on the band i was working on. i'll be frogging tonight. :(

    maybe be contacting you when i get to the aztec stitch if i can't figure it out! :)

    joann in tx.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I enjoy reading your comments :)