Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summer Romance


I have to begin saying that summer time is all about fun, friends, excitement and new loves right?  Love being defined per individual of course; I have not a new love, but a new love in the sampler world.  Of course, I told you last week about my start on Scarlet Letter German Band Sampler. I have already put it on the back burner, and started a couple of other things.  Today I am going to talk about the new Queenstown sampler Rosina Payne.  This is the designer of Queenstown Samplers first sampler she bought way back when, and has charted it for us to share and love.  A good Friend of mine informed me of this sampler last week and a few of us lost our breath.  Immediately our hearts were a flutter and we just had to have her.  The same feeling of one seeing that special someone across the room and butterflies fill our bellies and we start blushing.  This is the same feeling we had, and could hardly wait for her to arrive in the mail.   Silk colors and linen were chosen--- let the romance begin.  I was very excited to start the flowers, counting down and over to make sure there was enough linen on the sides for me to start the violets in the center, that I tell you, seeing it in person, the leaves have a texture and they smell wonderful.

My excitement with this new sampler has only been for 1 week, and I can tell you, that it has been very enjoyable stitching her, and seeing her come to life.  I have her in a rotation schedule-- not really a schedule per-say, but the last few nights have been Rosina. 


I have started stitching Rosina on 45ct Porcelain Lakeside Linens with a variety of threads-- Gloriana, Silk n Colors and Belle Soie.  This comes to many as no surprise that I have adjusted the colors to fit me.  Adjusting the peach to pink and scarlet and the purples to violet and aubergine.  The over one verse does send shivers down my spine, but I am always up for a challenge, and love the excitement of trying something new.  I can only invision her beauty when she is done in the colors chosen.  Simply exquisite.


I cant wait to show you more progress on her next week. 

7 comments:

  1. I love that sampler too, and your start looks beautiful! Could you tell me more about your linen? I've had my eye on LL Porcelain but haven't been able to see it in person. I'm familiar with Maritime White and Bisque, is it similar or does it have a pinkish undertone?

    I'm looking forward to your progress pics although they'll probably cause me to have to place an order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! I've been trying to be good and resist this one! And here you are showing it off! lol! Love it!!!!! Argh! What fibers does it call for? I'm curious to know but I haven't seen the chart in person so I have no clue. Looking forward to seeing more of your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few questions asked about Rosina--- She was charted with Needlepoint Silks and the model was stitched on Lakeside 40ct Porcelain. Porcelain is one of the most elegant colors you could stitch on. Classic, crisp with a hue of pale pink. Although, depending on the dye-lots, the shade ALWAYS varies. My piece is more grayish-pink. If you dont have a piece of this in your stash or a WIP, it is a must have color for sure. It can be ordered in 28ct through 45ct. Hope this helps! I look forward to hearing who adds this great piece to their stash along with the Porcelain!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous sampler! I love that you changed the colors to suit your preference. I love purples too! I will look forward to seeing more of your progress on your summer romance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be a beautiful sampler and I do like the colors that your'e doing it in. It reminds me of petite point that you find in an antique store - wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She certainly does bring joy to our hearts. How nice of her to be published in our time of need. I just love her. It's always such a joy to stitch something so special with those you hold so dear in your heart. Every time I look at Rosina, I will think of my dear friends. L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful sampler! I haven't seen that one before. I LOVE the violets! One of my most favorite flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I enjoy reading your comments :)