Monday, November 9, 2009

I wasn't going to...But I had to



Remember on Saturday's post, I said that I was going to relax, move stash around and let my fingers heal? Well, as you can see from the above picture, that was short lived! I did not however start this until yesterday. I spent some time with family, went to church, went for brunch, and watched the little one gain speed from walking. This is all new to her, she is just 11 months old. Funny just 3 short days ago she wouldn't walk on her own, now she is almost running from that little monkey crawl! She is so cute, so petite, so precious I can hardly stand it. Bright-- and I mean bright crystal clear light blue eyes.

Late in the day, I came home and looked at all the stash I had sprawled out all over the place. And, when I say all over the place-- it is!! I have alot of them already kitted up, as many who know me, I have to--just because. So, it is fun to look over choices that I made a while back, and which silks I chose to use. When I saw Maria P. Oliver from Carriage House Samplings, I knew, she was for me, now. Look at these colors!! As charted for NPI, I converted them to Belle Soie, I am THRILLED with the outcome so far. I am starting to think I need more Belle Soie in my projects! The linen is 40ct Mockingbird from R & R. I watched the 'Godfather' last night while working on Maria, I just love those movies. I know it isn't up everyones alley, but for me it is in the top 10. I couldn't but her down, watching the subtle variation in the blooming flowers.

This week is going to be a busy one. Alot of movin and shakin. Things to do, places to go, people to see! I am so excited for this week, I am going to be visiting with some friends I haven't seen in what seems like FOREVER....I am positive, it is going to be another unforgettable weekend :)

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I have stitched her, one of my favorites :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great start! I just love your conversion for this. I swear that these blogs can be so enabling. Now I want to dig up that pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! How fun to watch a little one realize that she can actually walk without help - and then comes the joy ok keeping those little hands out of things. She's sounds just adorable!

    It's always fun to rumage thru stash - I love your new start, such pretty colors.

    Enjoy your week - it sounds like it will be a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! I love the colors you are using! Very pretty!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria is on my wish list too... I love the colors you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful start. Those Belle Soies you've chosen are gorgeous together. Those have to be some of my favorite silks - they're so squishy and pretty! You and I need to get together sometime when you are here too. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Maria was a fun stitch--I love your Belle Soie conversion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You keep picking projects that are on my todo list!!! :D Love your Maria progress so far -- nice conversion! Have fun visiting your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's an irresistible pull, isn't it?? Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful beginning!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I enjoy reading your comments :)