Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Scattered

Another week and a half has gone by and not much has gotten done on the homefront of stitching.  I mentioned last week that I was going to take some time off this week from both work and activities.....but without working, I feel like I am busier then ever!!!!!  How does that happen?  I was able to catch up on the laundry, and do a little spring cleaning in the basement.  But other then that the time has flown by and before I know it, it is time for bed.

I have been all over the place as far as stitching, I did work on Sunday for a few hours, and when I got back, I pulled alot of stash out, sat on the floor and spread it out, reviewing alot of great items.  I wanted to work on every piece that I started on in January, but I know that 50 stitches a night, nothing was going to ever get done.  So I pulled out a few pieces that had some potential of being completed, and also worked on 2 buddy projects-- those I will share at a later time.

But, what I am happy to share with you today.... are 2 great projects, screaming to be done.
This is a small oldie but goodie from Sheepish Designs called American Beauty.  Stitching on 32ct Raven from Birds of a Feather (I think Raven) with similar cotton overdyes to match the picture.  It called for SNC and even for such a small cute project, I couldnt see spending the $$ on 6 + colors so I adjusted them to GA and WDW.  I think it is turning out terrific.

Next up is Ink Circles Bramble and the Rose, stitched on 40ct Meadow Rue Lakeside with silk gifted from my Friend.  I just love the color combo for this piece.  Every way I have seen this design stitched up, it looks fabulous.  I have seen it done in 1 color, 2 color and even 3 different colors.  All amazing.  I look forward to stitching on this piece and finally putting it to bed.  I think I have been working on this for over 2 years.  Yes, 2 years.

Sorry for such horrid pics today, I slung them both over the couch and took these pics, I really wanted to update this blog, and have 100 things to do today, and no time for ironing.

Some of you have seen the changes that have been taking place on the design side of this blog, and over the weekend I played around with the creme, black and yellow background.  I liked it, but not really......  So, I have this beauty up and I really like it.  So, for a while I will see how it goes.  It takes so much time for me to adjust just a simple background, because then I have to go and adjust all the colors on the blog, so it all blends perfectly.  I suppose that is no surprise, knowing my stitching projects.


I have seen the sun for the last few days and I am enjoying it.  Still colder, and I am not really sure it is May 4th, feels like March. 

 So many great things this week, my favorite is the Royal Wedding, I know, we have read and seen and heard about it for so long now, but I wanted my 2 cents out there as well.  "Just Exquisite" .  Kates dress was so unbelievable, and that wedding impressive.  I didnt get up at the crack of dawn, but when I got up and watched some of the feed and videos, I did well up.  I had tears of joy for sure.  I just love weddings, especially when no detail is missed, and you know they know how to throw a party.  Simply breath-taking.  I would have loved to be on the street watching them drive by.  Oh well, what can you do?!

So another week half done and I better get going.  I have been enjoying all the progress on your blogs that I am continually inspired.  Thank you for all of that!

Have a Happy Wednesday.

7 comments:

  1. Great start on American Beauty. I love this one. Huge flowers...little houses. I look forward to seeing your progress. Bramble and Rose looks wonderful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. like the new blog design. I have toyed with playing around with mine for a while now. It surprises me that I haven't changed it yet given the fact that I change my decor in the house almost continually! One of these day I will mix it up a bit.

    Like your two WIP's . I have a million projects I would like to start but I know if I do nothing will get finished. It's hard though!

    Exquisite is the perfect word for Kate's dress. I wish them many many years of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo love your progress photos .. even with the creases hehehehe .. love the ink circle colours :) Wedding was Fantastic ... watched it most of the day :)hope you manage to get some more stitching done :)love mouse xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel, wanting to work on everything at once. I have to concentrate on one thing at a time, or I'd never get anything done, lol. (Like I have regular finishes anyways, lol. I'm an all BAP girl right now!!) Glad you enjoyed the wedding hoopla, and I hope you get everything done today that you wanted to get done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your two projects, especially American Beauty! So pretty! I loved watching the royal wedding too. It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your projects..good start on some great wips !! I loved watching the royal wedding...especially seeing Kate's dress. Wasn't is magnificent? We needlewomen are pretty special gals.... Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely progress on your pieces! We loved the royal wedding, too. Her dress was exquisite!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I enjoy reading your comments :)